In this guide, we will show you How to Download and Install WeChat for PC Windows and Mac.
WeChat for PC
If you have been enjoying the services of the free messaging app, WeChat on your mobile phone, and would like to use the platform on your personal computer for better productivity, you can achieve that as the app is now available for download on Windows supported desktops.
The PC version operates just like the mobile phones, and allows you to send messages and share files at ease. Amazingly, the PC version also provides users with tools that enable group voice and video call services. You can access WeChat on your PC by downloading the app and scanning the QR code provided on your mobile phone to create a sturdy connection.
Features of the App
- Instant messaging and file sharing
- Group chat mentions/alerts
- A message recall feature that enables users unsend messages or files, valid for 2 minutes.
- Screenshot tool with shape and text features.
Download WeChat for PC
|App Size||Varies with device|
|Supported Android Version||5.0 and up|
|Last Update||January 6, 2021|
How to Install WeChat for PC (Windows and Mac)
There are 2 methods to install WeChat on your PC Windows 7, 8, 10 or Mac.
Method 1: Install WeChat on PC using BlueStacks
- To get Bluestacks, visit the Download link below on your PC (Windows/Mac).
- Double click the .EXE file to install BlueStacks Android Emulator on your PC (Windows/Mac).
- Follow the onscreen setup wizard instructions to complete the installation which takes only a few minutes.
- Once installed, launch the Emulator by clicking the BlueStacks icon on your desktop.
- Click on the Google Play Store icon and from the search bar type “WeChat”.
- From the search results, click WeChat app and Click Install.
- Wait for a few seconds and the WeChat on your PC (Windows/Mac) is installed.
- To start using WeChat, click on the icon from the Bluestacks home screen and you are good to go.
Method 2: Install WeChat on PC using NoxPlayer
- Visit the official site and download Nox App Player.
- Double-click the .EXE file after the download is complete to install the emulator.
- Click Allow for the software to make changes in your computer and click Run to start installing.
- Launch the emulator after the installation is completed.
- Complete the setup by following the steps as prompted such as Language.
- Once setup is done, Launch Google Play Store from Nox home screen.
- Enter Google Account login details.
- Click on the search bar and type “WeChat” then click enter.
- Click on the app icon and then click install.
With the integration of the WeChat app on Personal computers, users can access features and perform functions that were unattainable with their mobile phones for free. The free messaging app offers users reliability and great privacy solutions.
Leave a Reply