Termux is an application for Android that creates a Linux and terminal emulator environment in an Android device. It is an app that enables users to run Linux commands on their Android devices. It also works on both unrooted and rooted Android devices.
While this app may be a highly useful application for Android, users who would like to use it on their MacBook or Windows PC will have to install an Android emulator first. We will be highlighting further details about the app, its features, which emulators to install on your PC, how to install emulators, and how to install Termux using those emulators.
- A HIGHLY SECURE APP
It gives you access to remote servers from OpenSSH using the SSH client. With a combination of accurate terminal emulation and standard packages, It provides a highly efficient open-source solution.
- IT FEATURES ZSH AND BASH SHELLS.
It allows you to access files with VIM and NANO as well as develop in C using GDB, MAKE and C. You can Use FROTZ to run text-based games and python console as a pocket calculator.
- IT IS CUSTOMIZABLE
Using the APT package management system from Ubuntu GNU/Linux, you can install just about anything. This easy customizability allows you to synchronize your dotfiles and install Git.
- OFFERS SO MUCH FOR YOU TO EXPLORE
Termux packages are similar to the packages on Linux and Mac. You can install MAN pages on your phone and be reading them in a session while you are working with them in another session.
- EASY TO CONNECT TO MORE ADVANCED COMPONENTS
Scaling up with Termux is quite easy. If you need to connect your device to either an external display or Bluetooth keyboard, it is simple. You can use a mouse with Termux, and it also supports keyboard shortcuts.
With CMake and pkg-config, you can create new projects and compile your C files using Clang. Should you also get stuck at any point in the course of your project; you can use STRACE and GDB for debugging.
Termux For PC Windows Download
- First of all, Download and Install Bluestacks Emulator from here.
- Once it is installed. You’ll see the Bluestacks icon on your desktop. Click on it to Launch the Emulator.
- Click on Google Play Store from the Homepage of the Bluestacks app.
- Sign in or Create a new account and Type “Termux” in the search bar.
- Find the Termux app from appeared search results and Click on Install.
- It will take a few seconds to install Termux on your PC Windows device.
- Great. You have successfully installed Termux for PC Device. Click on Termux from the Bluestacks to start using it. Enjoy!
Termux For Mac Download
- First Off, Download and Install Nox App Player for your Mac device from here.
- Once the installation process is finished, launch the Nox App Player or Navigate to your Mac desktop and Click on Nox icon to open it.
- Upon successful Launch, You will see Google Play Store on the Nox. Click on it to Open.
- Search “Termux” and Install it.
- Wait for few seconds and Termux will be ready to use on your Mac device. Enjoy!
Termux is an Android application capable of helping you, thanks to its ability to manage different packages. It works like you are using a desktop computer coupled with the versatility of Linux itself. However, some users prefer using their PC for most tasks, and that is where using an emulator comes in. With the emulators mentioned above, using Termux on Windows PC or MacBook becomes easy.